Our Promise to You
For more than 40 years, ZooAmerica® North American Wildlife Park has strived to provide exceptional expert care to more than 200 animals while educating guests and the greater community in a safe and enjoyable environment. As an AZA-accredited zoo, safety has and will continue to be the top priority at ZooAmerica.
Our continued commitment to protecting our guests, team members, community and, of course, the North American animals in our care, serves as the foundation of the enhanced efforts we have implemented to ensure the well-being and best possible experience for our guests during this global health pandemic.
With guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, here’s how we plan to be ready for you.
Here’s how we plan to
be ready for you:
Increased Cleaning & Sanitization:
We will sanitize high-touch areas frequently and add sanitization stations throughout ZooAmerica.
We have reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings:
All guests over the age of two are required to wear face coverings. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering ZooAmerica.
We will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage and ground markings.
Animal Exhibits & Animal Encounters:
All indoor locations are temporarily closed and animal encounters are temporarily cancelled.
Enhanced Team Member Training:
Our team members will undergo increased training on new protocols.
These operational adjustments may change as guidance and requirements from various government agencies and industry organizations continue to evolve. We appreciate our guests partnering with us on the following efforts to maintain a safe environment for all.
To Our Guests -- Working Together For Health & Happiness
Guest Information & Responsibilities
Preparing for your visit /
What you need to know
Throughout your visit, we want you and your family to enjoy all that ZooAmerica has to offer knowing that our objective is to keep you healthy and happy and ask that you partner with us on simple steps before and during your visit. Here is how you can prepare for a fun and safe experience at ZooAmerica:
- Buy in advance
- We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets online in advance of your visit to reduce face-to-face purchase transactions.
- Bring a face covering
- All guests over the age of 2 are required to wear face coverings at all times during their visit, except while dining.
- Reduce personal items
- We encourage guests to reduce the number of personal items they bring into ZooAmerica. All personal items will be visually inspected.
- Download the App
- The official Hersheypark® app is packed with helpful tools, including maps and contactless options, to help you plan your visit and maximize your day at ZooAmerica.
- Maintain safe distance
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and follow the direction from our team members by maintaining 6 feet of space from other guests outside of your travel party at all times.
- Practice proper hygiene
- Please practice good hygiene throughout your visit by washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. It is recommended that you wash your hands before eating, after coughing or sneezing, after toilet use, and when your hands are visibly dirty. You can use hand sanitizer as an alternative. When coughing or sneezing, please cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue. You should throw the tissue into a trash receptacle after use and wash your hands.
- Stay home if sick
- If you or any member of your party is sick, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or has been recently exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home and do not visit.
New Safety Enhancements
Your safety is our top priorityVisit FAQ Page
At ZooAmerica, we believe it is our responsibility to protect, promote, and encourage the conservation of wildlife, natural resources, and habitats. We pride ourselves on maintaining high cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection standards, which meet or exceed established industry guidelines. With that foundation, we will introduce new enhancements for our clean and green 11-acre wildlife park that adhere to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the guidance and orders from the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Cleaning & Sanitization
Frequent cleaning and sanitization will occur in both front and back of house areas for guest and team member safety.
- We will establish schedules and procedures for frequently sanitizing high-touch areas with EPA-approved chemicals/cleaning agents. Those areas include door handles, counters, handrails, benches, bathroom surfaces, dining surfaces, trash receptacle touchpoints, among others.
- We will provide additional hand sanitization stations throughout ZooAmerica with a solution containing at least 60% alcohol. All hand sanitizer for guests and team members will be an antimicrobial agent that kills or renders inactive 99.9% of all known bacteria, viruses, and fungi that are present on surfaces.
- Capacity Management
We have reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings
Per the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in accordance with an Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 2 at all times during their visit, except while dining.
If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, our alternative accommodation is to bring and wear a face shield during your visit.
Guests should also be prepared to undergo a temperature screening with a contactless, infrared thermometer prior to entering ZooAmerica. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to enter.
- Social Distancing
- We have reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- All guests will be asked to follow signage throughout ZooAmerica to direct foot traffic.
- All guests will be asked to respect physical distancing from other guests by staying at least 6 feet apart, with the exception of those in their travel party.
- We will use recorded messages, signs, floor markings, and/or announcements to remind guests of health and hygiene, and physical distancing, requirements.
- Animal Exhibits
We will determine social distancing and sanitization requirements on an exhibit-by-exhibit basis. The following adjustments have been made:
- All indoor locations will be temporarily closed.
- All guests will be asked to respect physical distancing from other guests by staying at least 6 feet apart while observing the animals, with the exception of those in their travel party.
Please note that to facilitate adherence to social distancing protocols, it may not be possible to open some exhibits. We ask for your patience and understanding with these necessary operational changes for guest safety.
- Entertainment & Animal Encounters
The Ed-ZOO-Cation show and animal encounters have been temporarily cancelled.
- Food & Beverage
All dining locations inside ZooAmerica are temporarily closed. Vending machines will be available and will be frequently sanitized.
The Gift Shop inside the Admissions Building at ZooAmerica is temporarily closed.
- Team Member Training & Screening
The health and safety of our team members is a top priority for us. We have implemented a variety of measures to ensure our team members can take better care of you - our guests - and themselves. These measures include:
- Completion of a COVID-19 Health Screening, including temperature checks, to identify the presence of symptoms and reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure by all team members
- Instruction and regular reminders to team members not to report to work if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a COVID-19 test pending result.
- Providing enhanced training to team members to ensure they understand their core responsibilities and new protocols, and feel confident managing the social distancing and hygiene aspects of their role.
- Scheduling start times, break times, and end times, so team member arrivals and departures are staggered.
- Requiring the use of PPE by team members based on their roles and responsibilities and in adherence with the guidance and mandates issued by various local, state, and federal governments and agencies, including the Pennsylvania Department of Health, CDC, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Discouraging the sharing of equipment (computers, phones, radios, etc.) between team members and sanitizing items between use.
- Instruction and regular reminders to team members to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Regular communication with team members to keep them informed of changes in operation or COVID-19-related protocols.
- Following established protocols upon discovery that a team member has COVID-19 symptoms while at work.
Contractors, vendors, and concessionaires will follow the same policies, procedures, and protocols as ZooAmerica team members.
Still Have Questions And/Or Concerns?
We have enhanced health and safety measures for our guests and team members. Guests must follow all posted instructions while visiting ZooAmerica.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death and people who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Visit the CDC website for the latest guidance.
By visiting ZooAmerica, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.