|ZooAmerica > Contest >|
ZooAmerica White Alligator Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Rhode Island) or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except that employees, officers, and directors of HE&R, its parent companies, subsidiaries or any advertising agencies or promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members ([step-]children, spouse, [step-]siblings, [step-]parents) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Individuals can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the White Alligator exhibit (“Exhibit”) inside of ZooAmerica located at 100 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA (“ZooAmerica”) between 10:00 A.M. on December 10, 2012 and 4:30 P.M. on December 31, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and completing and submitting the Official Entry Form, including complete name, telephone number, address (no P.O. boxes) and e-mail address. Access to the Exhibit requires purchase of an admission ticket to ZooAmerica (visit www.ZooAmerica.com for more details). To enter the Sweepstakes without purchasing an admission ticket, see the Admissions Desk attendant inside the gift shop at ZooAmerica.
Only fully completed Official Entry Forms will be eligible to win. One entry per person. Once submitted, all Official Entry Forms will become the sole and exclusive property of HE&R, will not be acknowledged or returned and cannot be changed, altered, revised, or modified. HE&R is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical or human.
3. PRIZE. One (1) Prize winner will receive: one (1) Family Membership to ZooAmerica for the 2013 calendar year (valid for up to four (4) family members of the same household); four (4) regular admission tickets to the 2013 Hersheypark Springtime in Hershey (which runs on from late March through mid April); four (4) regular admission tickets to the 2013 Hersheypark summer season (which runs from May through September); four (4) regular admission tickets to the 2013 Hersheypark in the Dark (which runs from mid October through early November); four (4) regular admission tickets to the 2013 Christmas Candy Lane at Hersheypark (which runs from mid November through the end of December); and one (1) year’s supply of Hershey’s white chocolate candy (various sizes and flavor assortments as determined by HE&R; shipped quarterly in the 2013 calendar year; limit $400). The approximate value of the Prize is $1,000.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER. One (1) Prize winner will be chosen from a random drawing of all eligible entries received up to the end of the Sweepstakes period. The winner will be notified by telephone or email on or around January 2, 2013. After the prize winners are chosen, alternate(s) will be selected on an as-needed basis in the event that any winner is ineligible, declines the prize or cannot be located. Entrants do not need to be present to win. All prizes are subject to verification. The prize winner will be required to sign and return a Winners Affidavit of Eligibility and Release at the time of the award of the prizes, or the prizes will be forfeited.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE/GRANT OF USE. In consideration of entrants’ Official Entry Form being included in the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby grants HE&R a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display her/his name, voice or likeness in any media now known or hereafter devised without any further right of approval or compensation, and entrant hereby releases HE&R, its owner, directors, officers, employees, licensees, and affiliated companies (the “Released Parties”) from any liability with respect thereto. By entering an Official Entry Form into the Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge and agree that their participation, name or likeness may be made available to the public by HE&R. Entrants understand and agree that their name, voice or likeness may appear on the HE&R’s websites, on Social Media Platforms, and/or at ZooAmerica. HE&R shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Official Entry Form as determined by HE&R in its sole discretion.
7. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties and applicable Social Media Platforms from and against any and all costs, claims, losses, injuries, liabilities, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with, or due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; any injury or damage to persons (including death) or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; receipt, possession, consumption, use or misuse of any Prize; and any violation of any personal rights, such as publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, libel or slander, or intellectual property right infringement. HE&R has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS AND GENERAL CONDITIONS. Entrants who fail to comply with any of the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at the sole discretion of HE&R. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants acknowledge having read these Rules and agree to be bound by them and the decisions of HE&R or its duly authorized representative(s), and further waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Rules. HE&R is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the advertising for the Sweepstakes, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize. HE&R is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize cannot be awarded or used due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war (declared or undeclared), natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, riot or civil disturbance, satellite or equipment failure, federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within HE&R's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence).
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes agree under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participants actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. GOVERNING LAW. Except where prohibited by law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Participants hereto consent and agree that all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this Sweepstakes shall be maintained in the Court of Common Pleas of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania or, if applicable, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg division), and participants consent and agree that jurisdiction and venue for such proceedings shall lie exclusively with such courts.
11. TAXES. The prize winners are responsible for compliance with all applicable rules, laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, payment of applicable federal, state and local income taxes.
12. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUEST. For the name of the prize winners and/or to obtain a copy of the Official Rules please send self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to: “White Alligator Sweepstakes”, c/o HE&R Promotions Dept., 27 W. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 by January 2, 2013.
13. SPONSORS. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, 27 W. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033.
Calendar of Events
No events are scheduled at this time.
201 Park Avenue - Hershey, PA 17033 - 717-534-3900 - ZooAmerica@HersheyPA.com